Friday, October 28, 2016

Getting used to being called 'bhaiya', 'bhai sahab' and even 'uncle' [COMPACTIDEA]

Guess I'm now at that age or entering that age where these words begin. Earlier I used to call other guys 'bhaiya', because I would usually be the younger one. But now many/most other guys [and girls/women - whether unknown ones or wives of my friends] I meet address me as 'bhaiya'. Since the last 2-3 years, I've heard myself being called 'bhai sahab' occasionally. Initially it felt odd and bad, but now it kind of feels okayish. Maybe we all have this tendency to get used to anything that happens repeatedly. We accept it and then it no longer feels odd. In fact, after a while it's opposite starts to feel odd. Things change after all. And the worst of all is 'uncle'. Has happened a few times in the last 1-2 years [only by small kids], but it's shocking. So much that I've started staying away from small kids just so that one of them doesn't call me out as 'uncle' :)

But guess it's time to get comfortable with all this rather than trying to avoid it. And also it's time to shed some weight and look less 'unclish' :P

No comments:

Post a Comment