Wednesday, February 25, 2015

That day in 2010 when Deutsche Bank suggested that I open my bank account in HDFC or ICICI

It was probably August or September of 2010, and I was only 24 years old. I needed a good savings account plus a credit card in order to make payment for the GMAT. I already had a savings account with The Royal Bank of Scotland [RBS], but my branch was in Noida, so I naturally wanted an account in Ludhiana itself. I believe in using products and services that are modern and high on features and technology, so I went to Deutsche Bank to open a savings account. I don't know why [maybe because I was dressed casually like a student], but after listening to my requirement, the bank guy suggested that I go to banks like HDFC or ICICI to open an account. I was not only baffled, I also felt insulted and angry. While walking out of the branch, I thought, one day I'll surely open an account in this bank and avenge this insult.
 
Over 4 years later, now we have no less than four bank accounts with Deutsche Bank's Ludhiana branch [the only branch in Punjab], including both business and savings accounts. Today they treat us like VIPs, unaware that we've shifted to them from the same banks like HDFC and ICICI to which they had directed me back in 2010.
 
#RSDONE

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't just Deutsche. Citibank, HSBC and Standard Chartered all did the exact same to me back then. One day I'll have massive accounts with all these and will smile when their executives run around me.

    ReplyDelete